A few plants to never use with kids

Call the Poison Center at 1-800-222-1222 if anyone may have ingested a poisonous plant or is having an allergic reaction to a plant.  The following is a list of plants to avoid.

  • Azaleas    
  • Castor Bean    
  • Daffodil    
  • Daphne    
  • Delphinium    
  • Foxglove    
  • Hydrangeas    
  • Lantana    
  • Laurel
  • Lily of the valley
  • May apple
  • Mistletoe
  • Mushrooms
  • Oleander
  • Rhododendron
  • Wisteria

This is not a complete list, just some plants children are likely to come in contact with.  For more information about poisonous plants, contact your local county extension office 

Advertisements

2 thoughts on “A few plants to never use with kids

  1. That’s interesting about daffodils. They are pretty common and I remember my kids picking them in our yard.

  2. I know! I have daffodils every spring, they’re one of my favorites. Apparently they can cause diarrhea or vomiting if ingested, and may cause contact dermatitis (rash) in some people. So they are just for show, not edible!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s